So, after getting hyped from the Uruguay vs. Ghana match (oh, btw, that was the best match in this WC), I decided to work on my laptop. I sat on the floor and started doing my thing. All of a sudden, I felt an electric shock on my lap. I sharply threw the laptop off of my lap and it landed on the floor with a thud. I was still wondering why the stuff shocked me, so I wanted to pull out the charger from the computer. As I pulled it out, my left hand started vibrating. My fist was clenched and I kept trying to force it open but it didn't work. I was getting electrocuted. Then I yelled. "It's shocking me! Help!" I kept yelling. My mom was still in shock, and while in shock, she unconsciously stood up and started fidgeting.
The bad thing is that I think I committed a sin before, so I started thinking, "God, is this how I will die? I haven't even prepared my last speech/prayers but I'm guessing this is it!" But my brother, who was right in front of me, dragged the wire off of me! End of my last prayer/words/speech preparation. Then I started thinking, "Thank God, I would have been gone" But my palm melted a little by the metallic part.
Believe me, all these happened in less than 10 seconds.
And then, my mom gave me the 'I-thought-I-would-lose-you' hug.
So, my dad said, "Your charger is faulty, the stuff was definitely passing direct current through you." And then I thought to myself, "Thanks dad! It's nice to have you explain exactly how and why 240 volts of current went through me. Now I feel loved!"
Well, thank God that my brother was proactive and he took action. Funny enough, he got tickled by the wire too, but his case wasn't as serious as mine. I actually gave this testimony in church today, well, without the last words and the sinning part.
Kore would have been the one blogging this if I had died, but I trust her not to blog about my death. Actually, I don't! The head would be all too happy to broadcast my misfortune.
lol..im glad you are fine oh.
ReplyDelete