Sunday, 4 July 2010

Yes! I'm a hater

Football is not something we should kill ourselves over for but sometimes, it just annoys me when I feel like I'm obligated to support a team. Normally, I wouldn't like to go into politics, but it's a little involved in this situation. 


So, here's the catch: I wanted Germany to win when they played against Ghana. Then, I tweeted/facebooked it. And I got attacked. I don't get it! Why should I support Ghana? Do I owe them any obligation to support them? I mean, whenever either country has problems, it's not like we help each other or something. So, why should we start claiming "African Solidarity" on petty things like football games? They are not even serious enough to interfere with our lives. 


And then, obviously, Nigeria was garbage in this WC. And some people claim we "almost" made it to Round of 16. Funny enough, I didn't even really support Nigeria. But no one grilled me for that. They only knew to call me a hater when I didn't support the only African country to reach R16 in this WC.  


And politically, I don't like the country cuz they're unnecessarily mean to us. When they had serious economic problems in the past, we helped them and took their sorry asses into employment. But now, they're making life difficult for those who have businesses in their country by inflicting stringent measures on them just to frustrate them and make them want to bring their companies back home. I will never support ungrateful people; and I'm sorry but if this is what makes me a hater, I embrace the title with pride. 


Well, I'm cool with my Ghanaian friends cuz they have nothing to do with whatever their government is doing but they should not kill me if I refuse to support them in a football match.

No comments:

Post a Comment