Saturday, 22 May 2010

Battle of the exes 1

Don't you just hate when someone tells you "FOH, I don't need this" but then they keep bugging you? Of course you do! 'Cuz then you already made up your mind to shut them out, Right? Psych! Well, while some people are so quick to moved on, some are equally never gonna let go.

So, we have varieties of exes. Those who don't like each other, those who still like each other but pretend it's platonic, those in which one still likes the other but not vice versa. Well, this part will be about those who still like each other. Oh and before I start, Nifty, my hunnybunny, wrote 70% of this post.

There are few things I find more annoying than corny pick up lines ( I mean "here's my number in case you need prayers"! The guy who used that should be stripped of all things male and burnt at a stake!), and one of them is the 'ex' situation as I think I have so cleverly nicknamed it (if you don't think its clever keep it to yourself). I mean really, if you still like your ex then why pretend that you don't? Boy and girl do the irritating "do you still think he/she likes me?" thing with their friends, who are innocent bystanders did not deserve to have their food travel the long trip back up. Guys have it better I think because they cannot openly ask and pester their friends the way girls do, I think its one of those unspoken guy rules, page 141 "thou shalt not behave like a ninny." Unfortunately for us girls, we do not have this guy code rule book and so when the love bug bites us or in this case bites us again with the same person we do the dumb thing and pester our friends.
Well, girls have codes too but the story about Girl codes will definitely be for another day. Ridiculous!

You are probably wondering why I feel so strongly about this topic, well it goes like this, I made a friend who has this friend who has this friend and so naturally we are now all friends (confused? Read it slowly). Anyway, this last friend recently broke up with her boyfriend, you'd think that's the end right? Hell no!! She's asking me for advice (now can someone tell me why some white people seem to think that black people have the answers to the universe? Well that's a story for another day), now it's not the asking  for advice that's annoying but the not taking it.
"Should I pick up the phone?"
"yes"
"No I won't pick up the phone, I have to make him suffer"
    Maybe I would be more sympathetic if I took her silliness in small doses but it gets nauseating when you keep seeing the same cycle over and over again, it's like watching all those old horror movies when you know what's going to happen and you keep telling the guy in the movie not to open the basement door but he does it anyway and his head gets cut off. Needless to say my friends friends friend and the guy are still going round in circles (thank God I'm traveling out of easy cell phone range).

I mean, if you feel you and your ex have unfinished business, why can't both of you just face your fears and talk about it? Why must you pretend that you're "just" friends? And by the way, people sometimes hide behind the friendship clutch and torture the hell out of themselves. 

Ok, so like a Nigerian movie, "THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. WATCH OUT FOR PART 2!!!" loool but where do those crazy movie producers get off doing that? SMH!

No comments:

Post a Comment