Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Do not cry over wet Hair

Yep! Not spilled milk, wet Hair!

OK, ever since freshman year, I've developed a love-hate relationship with my hair; wait, not only my hair, it's Hair in general. Tiwo is inspired this one about a couple of weeks ago, when I dyed my hair, again! So, I was skyping with him in the library (it felt so wrong) and then we were on web-cam. The convo was going normal as usual until he said these non-beautiful words to me, "You look like a Ghetto Nicki Minaj" It's not as if that was the turning point of my Hair life but it actually brought up this hair topic. Look, as much as I love to talk, I'm a good listener as well. You may not know but I always clearly remember remarkable quotes, so never underestimate talkative people. And btw, please define ghetto.

So, I've been amassing a lot of things about hair so I won't give you baloney, I hope this still isn't baloney. As much as I don't like talking about race, I think it's so involved in this situation that it can't be avoided. I mean, what's with black girls and hair? It's not that serious, so don't kill yourself about it. Well, I don't think much of hair anymore. I see it too much, with people flicking it up and down; whether real or fake.

There are some people who will huff and puff if you tell them they're wearing a weave. Loool. But you're wearing a weave! There was this one girl. I asked if she was wearing a weave cuz I wasn't sure (ok, I was sure but I was trying to taunt her) and then, she flipped. I just found it rather funny.

And then, there's this one quote that's so swift to come out of many weave-wearers' mouths: "I bought it, so it's mine!" Of course it's yours! Pssssh, psych! It's yours but yet you still toss it after it has served its purpose. So, it's not yours anymore?

Ok, I'm not saying it is wrong to wear a weave, don't get me wrong, but at least embrace it :) I know I will! But I don't like 'em. They make you hot and sticky. And what is it with getting your hair wet? I've seen a lot of people freak out cuz their hair got wet by the rain. What's there to lose? You just go on home and blow-dry. Problem solved!

But it's also funny when people flick their weaves up and down. I've seen a few Wendy Williams episodes and that's exactly what she does. Flipping the hair left and right. Well, I don't even know why I'm doing this. Please keep rocking your weave! After all, you bought it, so its yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment