Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Battle of the sexes

I have been dreading this topic all along but you know what, I have to blog about it!

Why must girls suffer? Why must boys be players. Blah Blah Blah. No matter how many questions people ask, they will never end because they keep questioning why the girl, more often than they guy, ends up losing. And it is very true. Even if they have control of the relationship, they still lose! Why? This semester, I'm taking a Women Studies class and no matter what I say or no matter how I pass this class - which by the way, is best achieved by sucking up to the teacher and telling her what she wants to hear - there will almost never be equality between the sexes! Take it or leave it. And it all starts from when God made the woman second. Look, I have no problem with this, but it is the main determinant of why men are always put before women. Actually, I hate using the words "man" and "woman", so I will stop! And use "guys" and "girls"

So, let's look at the case of the nice guy and the nice girl. This is the relationship many people wish for themselves but almost never get. It's probably blissful and full of sunshine and puppies and everyone always has a nice day. I'm sure the only problem they may have is when the girl asks the guy, "Babe, does this dress make me look fat?" and then the guy doesn't know the right thing to say. He's in trouble anyway if he says yes, so he might as well say No. And both of you are there, living in your "Utopias". Ooooh isn't life just swell? Well, it is :)

Then, we have the controversial case of the nice girl and the bad guy. Seriously, why must good, accomplished girls settle for less and start boo-hooing about how he's being a jerk and not treating her nice, and how he comes home late, and ignores her 27 missed calls, and how he keeps having boys' nights out and not paying attention to her when she's bitching about her friends; and how he's being shady and she's being faithful, and how he's a commitment-phobe and she's been hoping they'll wed since the day the met; and how he's Godzilla and she's barbie and how he's all jokes and she's yada yada yada...Ok, I'm not trying to sound like Rev Run here but why are you still here if you hate how he treats you?

And of course, we have the bad girl and the nice guy. The guys in this situation are probably the ones who will say, "Fuck these bitches, I'm a player now" after some evil chic plays them. Deep inside, they're very nice but due to previous bitch-slapping(s), they now know not to roll nicely anymore. During the relationship, they probably wondered that the girl was bad news but while they're pondering on that, she goes ahead and does something nice and then it changes their mind and they think again, "What was I thinking? She was made for me!" Well, snap out of it cuz she's not! And then, she shows some bad signs and you start thinking again. And then, the cycle keeps going. In fact, you think too much and you'll drive yourself to cardiac arrest. But nice guys, please keep being nice. Or have we lost you all to blood-sucking meanies?

Finally, we have the couple of shrews; the bad guy and the bad girl. Well, in this relationship, they're both stubborn and no one here seems to be bothered by what the other does; or at least, they don't show that they care. Even if some people think it's the right thing to do, it's not. I'm kinda sure most shrews (and I use the term loosely) are just trying to be safe. They don't want want to get their heart broken, and then, they start playing mind games, exchanging carefully composed witty conversations, paying back when either one does something wrong. Their life motto is "I don't get mad, I get even". Well, while this may work in the short run, you may not necessarily benefit from the relationship in the long run.

Of course no one want to get their heart broken but it still happens anyways, which brings us to the point made earlier about girls suffering. But sometimes though, girls can be their own worst enemies. We say we don't like stuff, yet we end up doing it anyway because we see a little potential in them. It's just like being allergic to peanuts and still end up eating Snickers cuz you like chocolate. Oh yeah, we try to think we'll be able to see the good in something or someone and end up getting involved. More than half of the time, people never change, so why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment