Thursday, 18 March 2010

An Awakening

So once again I was thinking because sleep had eluded me.By the way I have slept very well for the past few days until today{thanks for asking...or not asking }Well recently I was doing some reflection thanks to a facebook note I read, and i realised that my life wasn't just right...infact it was pretty messed up {and no I am not going to give you the dirty details...lol...i av always wanted to say that}.So recently I decided to sort out my life..rather I asked God to sort it out for me.And I was thinking to myself that I cannot truly be transformed if I still have certain people around me.In fact this was one of the major reasons why my life became messy in the first place...when the bible says dont be unevenly yoked...God actually knew what he was talking about.At first when you start unevenly yoking yourself{yoking sounds funny...is that even a word?} you stand out like a sore thumb but like the physical sore thumb...you heal and start looking exactly like the rest of the other fingers...i dont know if I explained that properly but it simply means you become like the rest.
Yeah back to my story,I was thinking about how hard it would be to cut off certain people in my life...and then all of a sudden this bible verse pops into my head.Matt 5:30 that says if your hand causes you to sin cut it off...its better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be burned in hell.
Well imagine my surprise...obviously I had known this verse forever but it never really meant anything to me..infact I think I looked at it in the literal way{like I would really cut off my hand if I stole something}.
But I realised that cutting of these people would hurt{maybe not as  much as amputation} but letting them remain in my life would hurt even more.It's kind of like having a masectomy{cutting off one's breast} when a person has breast cancer..I mean it hurts and all but on the brighter side it saves your life.
I dont know if I made alot of sense or any sense at all...but I had to ryt :)
                                                               -Kore

No comments:

Post a Comment