Yay, I finally had my four tiring sleep-depriving exams. I can now live :)
So, as the Bible says, "Judge not, that ye not be judged" These words were made so clear to me in church. However, I find it very contradicting and irrational that the same people who preach and supposedly "practice" the word are very quick to judge you when you say something or ask them for advise and they don't think it's a good idea in their own self-righteous terms. And when I say the church, I mean don't mean everyone in it. Ok, here are some cases:
#1
- Sister A: I want to be a singer, please pray that I become successful.
- Church's open Reaction: Are you sure this is what you want to pursue cuz we can only pray that you make it in your career?
- Translation: Do you really want to work with sinners who are so materialistic and don't know that their body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?
#2
So, there's one woman who sells/used to sell cigarettes OUTSIDE of the church (in Naija) and then the pastor tells us to pray that she moves away. A) There is nothing wrong with selling cigarettes, as long as she's not selling it in the church. Secondly, she makes a living out of her cigarette business and who are you to deprive her of her daily bread? Three, what she's selling is not even your business, so far your kids are not buying them.
Live and let live!
This is a random thought though; aren't you guys always nervous during deliverance sessions when pastors "know" your exact problems without you telling them? And isn't it kind of boastful when they say that they heal the sick?

No comments:
Post a Comment