Today I saw one of those infomercials they show at midnight (like who watches those?) Well, there was this one girl that was praising an acne cream and I cud count how many times she used "like" in one sentence on my hands and legs. Why do people constantly use like in every sentence. In my English 110 class last spring there was this one girl that kept using like. I mean it's not totally sad when you throw in a "like" every now and then, but it becomes very unattractive when you say, "Well, I like went to this like totally cool party and like this guy is like hitting on me and in my mind I'm like, dude done messed with like the wrong chic, but then I like noticed that he was like very cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute and then I also like noticed that he was like flirting with me but since I was like very drunk, I like totally let him like hit it! And it was like CALIENTE!" SMH seriously. Now, that was what I heard on the bus (filled with drunk freshmen...or how upperclassmen call 'em, FRESHMEAT, FRESHMEAT, FRESHMEAT- I'm humoring Kore), Damn, I digress a lot! Apart from the fact that she sounded like a total airhead, she just hit it with a random dude, and may probably get a random STD. Cheers to the dumb freshmen who have lost their monkey-ass minds.
P.S: Kore also uses "like" everytime. And now, in my own terms, Kore = The freshman with a monkey-ass mind.
It's funny because I recently found myself using 'like' 100 times in a sentence and I was like (see) where did that come from? I know when I go home I will not here the end of the teasing about this word syndome I seem to be having and I should probably try to stop using it so much but tj if u'd noticed the word in itself is a way of life, like having pidgin english compressed into one word. As for me I sincerely hope I get the antidote before summer comes around.
ReplyDeletei bet u do. i suffered in naija
ReplyDelete